I have 2 bibles in my bookshelf. The actual bible and this book “How to be Parisian: Wherever you are” by Sophie Mas, Audrey Diwan, Caroline de Maigret and Anne Berest.
This is a great book for those who wish they were French. Wish we spoke the language, had the body, their love of life and eye for fashion. Caroline de Maigret is a style icon in the fashion world. She is a model and a spokes person for the Parisians.
She has a few guidelines I think would come in handy for those wishing we were Parisian. So the best thing is, to copy.
- Find “your” perfume before you turn 30 and wear it for the next 30 years.
- Be unfaithful: Cheat on your perfume, but only on cold days.
- Make everything look easy. Everything you do should seem effortless and graceful.
- Always be fuckable: when standing in line at the bakery on a Sunday morning, buying champagne in the middle of the night or even picking up the kids from school.
- If you had to own one sweater, make sure its cashmere.
You can get more pointers from the book, but these are the ones I remember the most.